By default, wireless adapters are set to work in medium power saving mode on Windows 10, and this can sometimes cause issues with Wi-Fi range.
-In order to fix this problem, it’s advised that you change the Wi-Fi adapter power settings to Maximum performance. To do that, just follow these simple steps:
- Press Windows Key + S and enter Power Options.
- Select Power Options from the menu.
- Once the Power Options window opens, locate your current plan and click Change plan settings.
- Click on Change advanced power settings.
- Locate Wireless Adapter Settings and set the Power Saving Mode to Maximum Performance.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
Alternatively, you can just switch to High performance mode in Power Options and Power Saving Mode will be automatically set to Maximum Performance.
Bear in mind that using High Performance mode will drain your battery faster.