1) From the Menu Bar while Finder is open, open the “Go” menu and hold down the Option key on your keyboard, then click on “Library” to open the hidden Library folder.
2) Drag the “Caches” folder to your desktop, then re-launch the troublesome app(s) and see if the problem persists. If the problem is resolved, move the “Caches” folder to the Trash and empty the trash; if it wasn’t resolved, move on to the next step.
3) With Finder in the foreground, in the Menu Bar and go to Go > Go to Folder.
4) Enter “/Library” without the quotes into the text field, then click the blue “Go” button.
5) From the Finder window that opens, drag the “Caches” folder to your desktop and then try to reproduce the issue once again in the troublesome software. If the problem appears to be resolved, move this Caches folder, as well as the previous one, to the Trash and empty the trash. If the problem wasn’t resolved, you’ll have to try something else to fix the problem.