To reformat your hard drive due to an incorrect partition issue:
- Open Disk Utility, which is located in /Applications/Utilities/.
- Internal drives and volumes appear in the Disk Utility sidebar. Physical drives are listed with a generic disk icon. Volumes are listed below their associated physical drive.
- · In the pie chart, select the existing partition you want to delete, then select Delete. Disk Utility will display a confirmation sheet listing how the partitions will be changed.
- · Select Apply, then select Partition.
- In the sidebar, select the volume you want to resize, then select Partition.
- · When the partition disappears, select Done. You can expand the partition immediately above the deleted partition by dragging its line con
- · To accept the changes and repartition the drive, select Apply. Disk Utility will display a confirmation sheet that lists how the partitions will be changed.
- · Select Partition, then select Continue.
- In the pie chart, select the volume listed immediately below the volume you want to enlarge, then select Delete (the minus sign).